- A point of sailing in which the wind blows from slightly in front of the beam: we sailed on a close reach directly for Sharp’s IslandMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We were on a close reach and it came charging at 20 knots plus across our bow.
verbo(close-reach) [no object] Volver al principio
- Sail with the wind from slightly in front of the beam.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the way to the show we close-reached at speeds in excess of 11 knots.
- We had fresh east-northwest winds, so we close-reached along as I spent four hours jury-rigging the broken exhaust pipe with tin cans and chemical muffler bandages.
- Her extra length, sail area and mast height would give her a quicker time off the start as we close-reached in cold water with the possibility of more wind aloft.
Más definiciones de close reachDefinición de close reach en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional