- A marine fish of a group that includes the herring family together with the anchovies and related fish.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Order Clupeiformes or suborder Clupeoidei
- Like anchovies and herrings, they are small, primitive fish belonging to the group known as clupeoids.
- Randall reported that in the West Indies, 96% of the cero diet consists of small schooling fishes, particularly clupeoids of the genera Harengula, Jenkinsia and Opisthonema.
- It may, therefore, be useful to briefly review some of the general characteristics of clupeoids to indicate what we might expect to find in Lake Tanganyika.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Of or relating to fish of the clupeoid group.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Interrelations between sensory development and habitat change in clupeoid larvae.
- At night, clupeoid shoals rose in the water column and became more dispersed.
- The five species and subspecies of Sardinops yield roughly one-fourth of the catch of all clupeoid fishes, making it one of the most productive of all clupeoid genera.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin Clupeoidei (plural), from Latin clupea, the name of a river fish.
Más definiciones de clupeoidDefinición de clupeoid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional