- (In the legs of many mammals, birds, and dinosaurs) a ridge at the front of the head of the tibia or tibiotarsus to which the main extensor muscle of the thigh is attached. It is particularly well developed in running species.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cnemial crest is a rather enormous proximal extension of the tibiotarsus and sticks out beyond the distal end of the femur.
- A cnemial crest extends along the dorsal surface of the proximal end of the tibia.
- The tibia has an L-shaped distal articular surface (since it articulates with two tarsals) and a cnemial crest
late 19th century: cnemial, from Greek knēmē 'tibia' + -al.
Más definiciones de cnemial crestDefinición de cnemial crest en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional