adjetivochiefly Anatomy & Biology
- 1Pressed close together; contracted; confined.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As compared to the ascending aorta, 30-50% narrowing was seen in the coarctate segment in 3 cases.
- Formally, the epoxidation of alkenes with peracids can also be considered a coarctate reaction.
- The ring opening is an eight-electron, Möbius, conrotatory process, not the six-electron, Huckel process described by Herges in his original work describing coarctate orbital topology.
- 1.1 Entomology (Of the pupa of certain flies) formed within and remaining concealed by the larval cuticle or puparium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The coarctate or pseudopupal stages are those in which hibernation or diapause occurs most frequently.
- The coarctate is immobile and strongly sclerotized, and it has reduced mouthparts, legs, and musculature.
- A pupa covered by the hardened 3rd larval skin is known as a coarctate pupa..
late Middle English: from Latin coarctatus, past participle of coarctare 'press or draw together'.
Más definiciones de coarctateDefinición de coarctate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional