Definición de coattail en inglés:
Each of the flaps formed by the lower back of a coat, especially a tailcoat.
- He wears a top hat and coat-tails, and white spats on shoes the color of Alaskan hematite.
- The exotically-titled serjeant at arms - leader of the men who wear black coat-tails and tights, and responsible for security - could well fall on his sword.
- Vettriano has changed the chairs, restyled the diner's hair to reveal more of the nape of her neck and reshaped the men's coat-tails to show the wind licking at them.
ride (on) the coattails of
- Benefit from the success of (another), sometimes undeservedly: the film could ride the coattails of the hottest show on Broadway the band is riding on the coattails of the garage-rock revival he was elected on the coattails of his predecessorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Because when you've only been on one station and you've worked with very experienced people, inevitably you ride on their coat-tails.
- What sort of a book was going to be produced by a couple of guys who were trying to come in on Dan Brown 's coat-tails?
- Larry has a very clear moral standpoint: ‘You can compete with me, but you can't do so by riding on my coat-tails.
Definición de coattail en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary