Definición de cognizance en inglés:
1 formal Knowledge, awareness, or notice: he was deputed to bring the affair to the cognizance of the board
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The famous statement ‘unity of empty cognizance suffused with awareness’ refers to your own nature, the essence of your mind.
- All of the lofty transcendental concepts that are in the higher worlds are meant to become a part of our experience and cognizance.
- The smokers in the room were most appreciative of her cognisance of their plight!
1.1 Law The action of taking jurisdiction.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We, in our argument, have sought to set out some of those factual matters which we would hope are within judicial cognisance.
- The settled opinion here is, that religion is essentially distinct from civil government, and exempt from its cognizance; that a connection between them is injurious to both.
1.2The action of taking judicial notice (of a fact beyond dispute).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most international human rights instruments subsequently adopted by the United Nations have a basis in the Universal Declaration and give further definition and cognisance to those rights.
- The law takes no cognisance of carelessness in the abstract.
- It is bound, of course, to give cognisance to the fact of the order that is being enforced.
take cognizance of
- formal Attend to; take account of.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Supposing you are currently an important participant in a vital endeavour, you may gain a lot by taking cognisance of what is uttered by those on the sidelines.
- That being so, the church now formally takes cognizance of what they have been doing, and thus of what they are.
- The employer needs to take cognisance of whether the goods are new, secondhand, manufactured by the employer or transferred at a discounted price.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán