- 1The lowest point of a ridge or saddle between two peaks, typically affording a pass from one side of a mountain range to another.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For the next few days we based ourselves at the hut as we made forays up the valley, wading through deep fresh snow to explore some of the cols, ridges and side valleys.
- They can often encounter all on the same special stage as the route climbs and descends mountain cols, switching from southern facing roads sheltered from the extreme weather to exposed northern ones.
- Although it will be cool in the evenings on the cols and ridges, the days should be mild.
- 1.1 Meteorology A region of slightly elevated pressure between two anticyclones.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thereafter the major system, which was present in the mid-Atlantic, weakened considerably and became little more than a col between the two anticyclones, one receding as the new one advanced.
mid 19th century: from French, literally 'neck', from Latin collum.
Más definiciones de colDefinición de col en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional