Definición de colic en inglés:
Severe, often fluctuating pain in the abdomen caused by intestinal gas or obstruction in the intestines and suffered especially by babies.
- The pain of renal colic is due to obstruction of urinary flow, with subsequent increasing wall tension in the urinary tract.
- People used to think that babies with colic were more likely to get asthma or allergies, but now doctors know that is not true.
- In the mid eighteenth century a severe illness called the Devonshire colic was traced to lead poisoning from the metal used to seal holes in mills and presses.
- Example sentences
- Patients complain of colicky abdominal pain, borborygmi and vomiting.
- Diverticulosis may be misdiagnosed as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, because some of the symptoms such as colicky pain, are similar.
- Kidney stones may present in different ways, but the classic presentation is with acute loin to groin colicky pain associated with nausea and vomiting.
Definición de colic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia