Definición de collar en inglés:
- In the context of an interview with mainstream corporate America, it's best to cover your tattoos and piercings with long-sleeved shirts, blouses, collars, and such.
- Tweed jackets are popular with the men, along with garish ties and socks, coloured shirts with white collars, coats with velvet lapels, yellow cords - all topped off with a flat cap or a trilby.
- The dangling detached polo shirt collars and tiny tee shirts may take some getting used to.
- The proposal would affect any cat not under an owner's direct control or without a collar.
- The basic training tools will be a collar, leash, chew toys and bones, gates, crates, and a bed.
- She licked my face as I fastened the leash onto her collar.
- Then, if all went well, they would outfit the two-and-a-half-foot-long bird with a radio collar and transmitter.
- Testosterone-implanted males (with a control collar) were trialed against males with red, orange, blue, and control brown collars.
- One option was to fit animals with GPS collars, which get position fixes from satellites to monitor movements and activity patterns.
- But unless he can replace the stolen tack, collars and harness, he will be unable to take part.
- The rigid collar and tandem harness allowed teams to pull with equal strength and greater efficiency.
- Diversion collars placed around the pipes, just below the sand surface, can be retrofitted if this begins to happen.
- The concrete pipes and collars on the sandy bottom created a tangled mass of intestines that lay unconnected to anything.
- So when the collar for new valve went round the pipe, there wasn't contact all the way round, due to a distinct lack of pipe.
- For the measurements, stem was severed above the collar region and the roots sealed in the pressure chamber.
- Trees up to 15.0 cm diameter at the root collar were included in the sample.
- Cross sections collected at the root collar and at every meter were analyzed using standard dendrochronological techniques.
verboVolver al principio
- The handling, collaring, and release were done by a Romanian wildlife technician named Marius Scurtu, a sturdy young man with an unassuming grin and a missing front tooth.
- Originally trapped and collared in a remote valley near the city of Brasov, Timis and her pack soon relocated themselves closer and began making nocturnal forays into town.
- To track the fate of young antelope, Berger and her biologist husband, Joel Berger, radio collared 38 fawns last summer.
- Rookie cops graduate from the police academy anxious to collar real criminals.
- Crime-busting technology used by police to collar urban criminals is helping to catch wildlife thieves.
- That's slim consolation, however, for the 50-odd banks the Friday Night Bank Robber knocked over before he was finally collared.
- Rick left Edie's side immediately and collared David.
- Brian Beard collared him after the game and there was a slightly serious element in his first question.
- He was hoping to collar someone who would tell him what was up.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Clad in black jeans and a collarless white T-shirt, a calm and composed Mr. Gajmer, accompanied by his parents, said at a press conference in Chennai: ‘I am very happy and yet undecided on what to do with the money.’
- We encourage employees to define for themselves what is acceptable, but jeans, trainers, crop tops and collarless shirts are definitely out.
- The Beatles made skinny pants and collarless jackets the rage!
accolade from early 17th century:
The Provençal word acolada is the source of accolade. This literally meant an embrace or a clasping around the neck, and described the gesture of a friendly hug that was sometimes made when knighting someone, as an early alternative to a stroke on the shoulder with the flat of a sword. The ultimate root of the Provençal word is Latin collum ‘neck’, from which we also get collar (Middle English).
Palabras que riman con collarayatollah, choler, corolla, dollar, dolour (US dolor), Hezbollah, holler, scholar, squalor, wallah, Waller, white-collar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.