Definición de colloquialism en inglés:
1A word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.
- The natural evolution of language has integrated colloquialisms, or slang words, into everyday speech, but it has also magnified complexities associated with English grammar.
- Like all Indian dialects, my mother-tongue Konkani - an amalgam of coastal languages and regional colloquialisms - has its share of adages.
- After drugs, the most frequent references and most expressive colloquialisms in The Hippie Dictionary deal with sexual intercourse and sexual organs.
1.1The use of ordinary or familiar words or phrases.
- Charles Martin has conveyed something of Ovid's famous wit by giving free rein to his own, especially by translating wherever possible into contemporary colloquialism and slang.
- Whilst I had CHECKED my act for cultural references that wouldn't work, I had assumed wrongly that the crowd would be fluent English speakers and made no concessions for slang or colloquialism.
- But having said all of that, I would like to speak at least a few words in defense of colloquialism.
Definición de colloquialism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan