Definición de colloquy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural colloquies)
1 formal A conversation: they broke off their colloquy at once an evening of sophisticated colloquy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is a discourse of engaged beholders - quite literally a colloquy of amateurs - and need be nothing more.
- Oddly, as Hewitt and Garrett continue their colloquy, they seem to expose the threadbare nature of the story, except that they manage not to notice.
- It wasn't till 1968, on the floor of the fractious Democratic convention, that the two finally came face to face; and the colloquy was as civilized as you'd expect.
2A gathering for discussion of theological questions.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The seventeen essays presented here follow up that volume with contributions from archaeologists, classicists, ancient historians, and New Testament scholars, all presented at a colloquy held at Bright Divinity School.
- Shattering progressives' preconception that the evangelical Christian world is monolithic, Christian intellectuals, in this small microcosm, are engaged in a heated colloquy over the relationship of learning to faith.
Late Middle English: from Latin colloquium 'conversation'.
Palabras que riman con colloquyobloquy
Definición de colloquy en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda