Definición de collyrium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural collyria /-ēə/)
1A medicated eyewash.
- Pliny says, in so many words, that the cerates and cataplasms, plasters, collyria, and antidotes, so abundant in his time, as in more recent days, were mere tricks to make money.
- The invention further relates to suitable pharmaceutical compositions and particularly a collyrium.
- A preferred collyrium contains 0.05% by weight of mequitazine and 1% by weight of hydroxypropyl-.beta.-cyclodextrin.
1.1A kind of dark eyeshadow, used especially in Eastern countries.
- Who spoiled the painting on your breast and the collyrium of your eye?
- The beloved's collyrium is made, however, from the ‘smoke of the flame of a voice’.
- The name Anjan Shalaka is given to the ceremony of decorating the eyes of new images of Jins with collyrium made of many special substances, using in the process a gold-stick.
Definición de collyrium en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan