(also colobus monkey)
sustantivo (plural igual)
A slender, leaf-eating African monkey with silky fur, a long tail, and very small or absent thumbs.
- Genera Colobus and Procolobus, family Cercopithecidae: several species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Animals include duikers, eland and colobus, vervet and blue monkeys.
- There are also thousands of fossils of animals, such as colobus monkeys, pigs, birds, rodents, and even carnivores like hyenas and big cats.
- At least one species of monkey, the red colobus, was hunted to extinction, in part because logging roads gave hunters greater access to their previously unreachable habitat.
modern Latin, from Greek kolobos 'cut short'.
Definición de colobus en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional