(also colobus monkey)
sustantivo (plural igual)
- A slender, leaf-eating African monkey with silky fur, a long tail, and very small or absent thumbs.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genera Colobus and Procolobus, family Cercopithecidae: several species
- Animals include duikers, eland and colobus, vervet and blue monkeys.
- There are also thousands of fossils of animals, such as colobus monkeys, pigs, birds, rodents, and even carnivores like hyenas and big cats.
- At least one species of monkey, the red colobus, was hunted to extinction, in part because logging roads gave hunters greater access to their previously unreachable habitat.
modern Latin, from Greek kolobos 'cut short'.
Más definiciones de colobusDefinición de colobus en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional