- 1A social system in which a group of people (typically nonwhite) are denied access to the same rights, opportunities, and facilities as other people (typically white) on the basis of skin color.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A formal colour bar in employment was introduced in 1934, under the Industrial Conciliation Act.
- Hertzog's government and subsequent governments progressively entrenched the colour bar.
- He lost his job when he sided with the white (largely Afrikaner) workers in their dispute over the abandonment of the colour bar.
- 2A strip on printed material or a screen display showing a range of colors, used to ensure that all colors are printed or displayed correctly.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It includes color bars so the viewer can adjust his or her screen settings for best effect.
- The thing I found most interesting was not the different testcards or colour bars, but the ones that were the same as ours.
- Both discs contain color bars so that everyone can calibrate the picture properly.
Más definiciones de color barDefinición de color bar en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional