- 1Of or in a state of deep unconsciousness for a prolonged or indefinite period, especially as a result of severe injury or illness: she had been comatose for seven months lying in a comatose stateMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A common misconception is that a patient must be comatose to be diagnosed with myxedema coma.
- Constant infusions may be useful in patients with constant dyspnea or patients who are comatose.
- The patient remained comatose and was transported to the computed tomographic scanner.
- 1.1 • humorous (Of a person or thing) extremely exhausted, lethargic, or sleepy: the economy remains almost comatose
late 17th century: from Greek kōma, kōmat- 'deep sleep' + -ose1.