- 1A long curling sea wave.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I was caught in a comber of snow - a maelstrom like the break of a tsunami.
- Then a heavy comber shook my plane violently, tossing me from the cockpit into the water.
- 2A person or machine that separates and straightens the fibers of cotton or wool.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What I never knew until now is that February 3, the day after Candlemas, is the Feast of St Blaise, the patron saint of wool combers.
- The majority of combers, spinners, cob winders, spoolers, beamers, weavers, menders, and other workers (about three hundred in all) were female.
Entrada del diccionario de Inglés Británico & Universal
- A small fish that gapes when dead, occurring in shallow waters from the western English Channel to the Mediterranean. Also called gaper.
- Serranus cabrilla, family Serranidae
mid 18th century: of unknown origin.