Definición de combust en inglés:
1Consume by fire.
- Researchers are trying to eliminate the flame, replacing it with a catalyst that combusts methane at lower temperature, emitting less smog-producing nitrogen oxide pollution.
- The latter provides the oxygen required to combust the soot particles and is completely reduced to nitrogen oxide in the process.
- You need to essentially combust a lot of fossil fuel to make your nitrogen even for some sugar cane plantations.
1.1 [no object] Be consumed by fire.
- This gentle contemplation was soon broken, however, by the overwhelming odours of sulphur and phosphorous, and for a brief moment the thought occurred that the building had spontaneously combusted from the pure energy.
- The Daily Mail building would spontaneously combust.
- Fiberglass insulation, in contrast, melts at slightly over 1,100 degrees, and cellulose combusts during house fires.
late 15th century: from obsolete combust 'burned, calcined', from Latin combustus, past participle of comburere 'burn up'.
Definición de combust en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary