- 1Serving to alleviate a person’s feelings of grief or distress: we would like to thank our family and friends for their support and their comforting wordsMás ejemplos en oraciones
console, solace, condole with, commiserate with, sympathize with; support, succor, ease, reassure, soothe, calm; cheer, hearten, upliftsympathetic, compassionate, solicitous, tender, warm, caring, loving; supportive, reassuring, soothing, calming; cheering, heartening, encouraging
- It's comforting to know the business is in good hands.
- They both share the same psychiatrist and are completely dependent upon him as a comforting father figure.
- Talking to friends and family, even your minister, can be comforting.
- 1.1Serving to improve a person’s mood or restore a sense of physical well-being: a comforting bowl of soupMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr. Nelson was just deciding that a cup of tea beside a comforting fire was not an entirely unpleasant notion.
- When the weather is cold and stormy, we tend to eat more - not just for the cozy feeling of snacking, but because we crave the comforting heat of casseroles, stews and roasts warming us from the inside out.
- My house is warm, cosy and comforting.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It seems to me that certain gospel-influenced strands of pop music are comfortingly familiar and participatory.
- A yummy mix of fudge brownie, chocolate chip cookie dough and vanilla ice cream, this is an comfortingly indulgent Sunday treat.
- Watching him unravel over the course of his story becomes a horrendous and yet comfortingly human experience.