- A town or city council in some parts of the US and Canada, and in London.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The 1822 charter eliminated the legislative power of the people in town meetings, replacing them with a large common council of 48 members and a smaller board of aldermen with 12 members.
- He also served on the common council of Philadelphia for many years, and was particularly active on the watering committee, which was responsible for overseeing the city's waterworks.
- Over the fourteen years since his first election to the old common council, Curley had accomplished a great deal.
Más definiciones de common councilDefinición de common council en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional