Definición de complementarity en inglés:
sustantivo (plural complementarities)
1A complementary relationship or situation: a culture based on the complementarity of men and women
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Emerging complementarities between the economies of the two regions, buttressed by macro-economic reforms of the recent past, have contributed to a rapid growth in trade, investment and financial flows between them.
- My earlier post was an admittedly rudimentary attempt to come up with a more accurate way of describing gender differences and complementarities.
- As generalists become more different from one another, interorganizational complementarities likely increase, thereby yielding more opportunities for alliance formation.
1.1 Physics The concept that two contrasted theories, such as the wave and particle theories of light, may be able to explain a set of phenomena, although each separately only accounts for some aspects.
- Bohr may be thought to have got perilously close to this when he suggested that complementarity could shed light on the age-old question of determinism and free will in relation to human nature.
- Frayn ingeniously links several other physics metaphors, from Scrodinger's wave equation to complementarity and the disintegration of the radioactive elements.
- The complementarity manifested in quantum laws reflects the inability of our classical concepts to accommodate the richness and subtlety of the world, and removes the Cartesian divide that insulates the observer from the observed.
1.2 Law The principle that jurisdictions will not overlap in legislation, administration, or prosecution of crime.
- The use of the ICC is further caveated by the principle of complementarity, which requires that national criminal jurisdiction will first have to be shown to be an unviable option, before the ICC mechanism can be accessed.
- The reciprocity that one talks about is the complementarity of legislation where one State authorises a judge to travel to take evidence and another State says, ‘Welcome, we will give you the facilities.’
- But the Pentagon and its congressional allies were not satisfied with the principle of complementarity as protection against unjustified prosecutions.
Definición de complementarity en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary