Definición de concave en inglés:
Having an outline or surface that curves inward like the interior of a circle or sphere. Compare with convex (sense 1).
- Galileo's telescope had a convex object lens but a concave eye-piece.
- The articular surface itself is concave, not convex as in many chelonioids.
- Depressions are concave regions on protein surfaces that have no constriction at the mouth.
late Middle English: from Latin concavus, from con- 'together' + cavus 'hollow'.
- Example sentences
- The cranidium in lateral view clearly shows the sutural edge, curving gently concavely inwards laterally, and despite breakage of the left fixed cheek, appears to show that the suture bisects the genal prolongation.
- The smooth external surface of the axial rings of the anterior seven segments in the thorax of S. pronus suggests that the thorax could be flexed strongly both concavely and convexly.
- This piece is a horizontal red rectangular form, with wavering edges and a top edge that curves in concavely.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan