Definición de conceit en inglés:
- Smugness, conceit, an arrogance which has the appearance of humility… here I can no longer reserve my hatred for these impotent writers.
- He looked at the miracle of his creation of the Khalsa and attributed it to the Khalsa, without pride or conceit.
- Indeed, conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism.
- To do so, she explores the idea of metaphoricity, transforming conceits into self-reflexive, self-questioning, and ultimately self-effacing representation.
- Those are very difficult paths to walk, to be up front about taking that stuff seriously, and not just using it as a trope or a conceit.
- He is as adept in the conceits of metaphysical poetry as he is in the tones and tunes of seventeenth-century verse; the strings upon which he strums are held taut by centuries.
- Shadow of the Vampire is a fictionalization of a true event, taking off from a brilliant conceit, that the director of a vampire film would hire a real vampire to play the leading role.
- Whereas Mangan's work is an echo of some pretty familiar sculptural conceits, Painting Machine seems to come from a place that's a little more contemporary.
- As a result, artists are constructing elaborate conceits to make what they produce fit into the category of a print.
- No writer could pen a single word but for the rich humus of public domain effort with which we garden our notions and conceits.
- Some conceits concerning Scottish education are exactly that, but there has been a long-standing tradition of higher rates of participation at university which dates back to medieval times.
- ALTHOUGH IT IS an old idea, the conceit that faith can maintain its hold on the imagination only as long as there are blinkers on human vision still has considerable appeal.
late Middle English (in the sense 'idea or notion', also 'quaintly decorative article'): from conceive, on the pattern of pairs such as deceive, deceit.
Palabras que riman con conceitaccrete, autocomplete, beet, bittersweet, bleat, cheat, cleat, clubfeet, compete, compleat, complete, Crete, deceit, delete, deplete, discreet, discrete, eat, effete, élite, entreat, escheat, estreat, excrete, feat, feet, fleet, gîte, greet, heat, leat, leet, Magritte, maltreat, marguerite, meat, meet, meet-and-greet, mesquite, mete, mistreat, neat, outcompete, peat, Pete, petite, pleat, receipt, replete, sangeet, seat, secrete, sheet, skeet, sleet, splay-feet, street, suite, sweet, teat, treat, tweet, wheat
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.