Definición de concert pitch en inglés:
1A standard for the tuning of musical instruments, internationally agreed upon in 1960, in which the note A above middle C has a frequency of 440 Hz.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The problem is, today, we don't have a Classical singing repertoire - No.1; No.2, the accepted concert pitch, or standard pitch, which is rising, is false.
- Roskilde was picked in part because, as well as its great organ, it possesses two additional Marcussen organs which work at concert pitch and the lower Baroque pitch.
- Likewise, Maxwell noted the perfect likeness of atomic spectra on Earth and distant stars, ‘like tuning-forks all tuned to concert pitch,’ all cut to a universal measure.
1.1A state of readiness, efficiency, and keenness: slightly unnerved by the contretemps, I was not at concert pitch
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two good efforts this season should have brought Petanque to concert pitch and Andrew Tinkler's 3lb claim should also assist his cause.
- Pat Hughes had his string at concert pitch just in time for Galway.
- They know he will stay the Epsom mile and a half and they are also aware that he will be produced at concert pitch when the big day arrives next month.
Definición de concert pitch en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda