Definición de concert pitch en inglés:
1A standard for the tuning of musical instruments, internationally agreed upon in 1960, in which the note A above middle C has a frequency of 440 Hz.
- The problem is, today, we don't have a Classical singing repertoire - No.1; No.2, the accepted concert pitch, or standard pitch, which is rising, is false.
- Roskilde was picked in part because, as well as its great organ, it possesses two additional Marcussen organs which work at concert pitch and the lower Baroque pitch.
- Likewise, Maxwell noted the perfect likeness of atomic spectra on Earth and distant stars, ‘like tuning-forks all tuned to concert pitch,’ all cut to a universal measure.
1.1A state of readiness, efficiency, and keenness: slightly unnerved by the contretemps, I was not at concert pitch
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two good efforts this season should have brought Petanque to concert pitch and Andrew Tinkler's 3lb claim should also assist his cause.
- Pat Hughes had his string at concert pitch just in time for Galway.
- They know he will stay the Epsom mile and a half and they are also aware that he will be produced at concert pitch when the big day arrives next month.
Definición de concert pitch en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan