- A tough, insoluble protein secreted by mollusks, forming the organic matrix of the shell within which calcium carbonate is deposited.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Moreover, the chambers were divided by a system of numerous intracameral layers of conchiolin and protein.
- The core of those structures is made of a protein called conchiolin, a common component of many mollusk shells.
- Tropical shells tend to have higher metabolic and growth rates with higher conchiolin content.
late 19th century: from Latin concha 'shell' + the diminutive suffix -iola + -in1.
Más definiciones de conchiolinDefinición de conchiolin en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional