Definición de condominium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural condominiums)
1North American A building or complex of buildings containing a number of individually owned apartments or houses.
- The works department estimates that multi-family dwellings - which include apartments, condominiums and townhouse complexes - are home to about 40 per cent of Toronto's population.
- I try to think of a descriptive metaphor as we head west on Euclid Avenue, passing abandoned houses, new and gated condominiums, and apartment buildings with boards nailed to all the ground-level windows.
- In the 1980s, new beaches were developed from reclaimed land, and luxury high-rise apartment buildings and condominiums were constructed to appeal to wealthy residents and investors.
1.1Each of the individual apartments or houses in a condominium complex.
- The proposed tower will house 104 condominiums.
- Villas, apartments and condominiums are scattered along a delightful waterway most with their boats moored only metres away…
- New apartments and condominiums continue to flood the market despite the generally low occupancy rates.
1.2The system of ownership by which condominiums operate, in which owners have full title to the individual apartment or house and an undivided interest in the shared parts of the property.
- As noted in paragraph 17 above, the occupancy fee incorporates three components, namely, mortgage interest, condominium fees, and property taxes.
- Foreigners may have freehold ownership of a condominium title, with a proportional or strata interest in common land.
- For your parents, it would mean changing the ownership of their condominium from their individual names to the name of their revocable living trust.
2The joint control of a country’s or territory’s affairs by other countries.
- If anything, new Europe - the Europe of the European Union - has been driven by the Franco-German condominium.
- A condominium, however, should not become the sole focus of American efforts to create a new security architecture in the region, because better solutions are needed for the more immediate term.
- How will the conflicting principles underlying a realist major-power condominium and a liberal international nuclear-monitoring regime be reconciled?
2.1A state so governed.
- In 1887, the British and French authorities agreed to share control over the islands and in 1906 established the joint condominium of New Hebrides.
- For this they were offered some noncontiguous enclaves within an Israeli-controlled and Israeli-settled condominium.
- Sudan is conquered and proclaimed a Egyptian-British condominium.
Definición de condominium en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary