- 1A person who directs the performance of an orchestra or choir: he was appointed principal conductor of the Berlin Philharmonic OrchestraMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I met him briefly at an after-concert reception while he was the principal conductor of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
- Mascagni was a competent conductor of orchestral music as well as opera.
- On his first visit to Barenboim, Lang played the Tchaikovsky concerto while the conductor played the orchestra part on a second piano.
- 2North American A person in charge of a train, streetcar, or other public conveyance, who collects fares and sells tickets.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The conductor sold me the ticket on the train and I got off at Burley in Wharfedale with a load of other people, all dressed in suits as I was.
- Since many commuters do not understand the BMTC's jargon of stage, often, conductors collecting the fare become the target of their ire and abuse.
- He sold newspapers and worked as a bus conductor, collecting fares from the passengers.
- 3 Physics A material or device that conducts or transmits heat, electricity, or sound, especially when regarded in terms of its capacity to do this: graphite is a reasonably good conductor of electricityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It has a high melting point and is a good conductor of heat and electricity.
- Lead is not a good conductor of electricity, heat, sound, or vibrations.
- It is one of the best conductors of heat and electricity of all elements.
- 3.1 another term for lightning rod.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Based in south west Scotland and south east England and operating on a national basis, we offer full lightning protection and conductor services.
- This conductor is of the same type and cross-section as the down conductor(s) of the installation.
- Examples of differing installation principles however could be shown where say other European National Standards hold roof conductors away from roof finishes, where in the UK these conductors are laid flat to the finished material.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Mahler No.5 provides ample evidence of Bernstein's conductorial mastery.
- This proficiency on multiple instruments has aided his compositional and conductorial development.
- It is by nature a great shiny machine, although stubborn conductorial minds can force it to rise above itself.
- sense 1.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She has been director of Glyndebourne Touring Opera, artistic director of the London Mozart Players and has held principal conductorships of the Huddersfield and London Choral Societies.
- The Halle Orchestra will play finely contrasted programmes under the conductorship of George Weldon, Associate Conductor to Sir John Barbirolli.
- From the 1960s onwards, despite the golden period of Solti's conductorship, things started unravelling rapidly.
Pronunciación: /ˌkänˌdəkˈtôrēəl, kən-/adjetivo
late Middle English (denoting a military leader): via Old French from Latin conductor, from conducere 'bring together' (see conduct).
Más definiciones de conductorDefinición de conductor en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional