Definición de cone shell en inglés:
Shell a predatory mollusk of warm seas, with a conical shell that typically displays intricate patterns. It captures prey by injecting venom, which can be lethal to humans, and the shells are popular with collectors.
- Genus Conus, family Conidae, class Gastropoda: numerous species
- But consider the unassuming cone shell - just the kind of malicious mollusk that will ‘actually sometimes go for you.’
- Out on the reef I'd have been unhappy about picking up a stromb because of its close resemblance to the lethal cone shell.
- Like that guy I mentioned before was reputed to have been scraping the back of the shell with a knife, and the cone shell got aggravated about that and fired the harpoon into his palm.
Definición de cone shell en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan