Definición de confabulate en inglés:
1 formal Engage in conversation; talk: she could be heard on the telephone confabulating with someone
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Since the story broke, six staffers, including two senior editors, have spent more than 6,000 man hours attending commission hearings, and confabulating with as many as 12 lawyers.
- Chances are, you can get a large percentage of your family members confabulating with you on something that simply couldn't have happened, given that Bugs Bunny is a Warner Brothers character.
- Broken cultures therapeutically confabulate, mythologise former ways of life, and fight off meaninglessness by shoring up crumbling identities.
2 Psychiatry Fabricate imaginary experiences as compensation for loss of memory.
- People who confabulate experience their false memories as true.
- Why the brain stimulates and confabulates just the memories it does remains a mystery, though there are several plausible explanations.
- Does the person fumble, confabulate, get defensive and angry, etc.
early 17th century: from Latin confabulat- 'chatted together', from the verb confabulari, from con- 'together' + fabulari (from fabula 'fable').
- Example sentences
- After long confabulations, the tribal elders told him that only the old people would act in his movie.
- The story that she couldn't remember appears to be a complete Pentagon confabulation in order to cover up the phoniness of the whole operation.
- He claims it was after confabulation with the Pope.
- Example sentences
- Jones's skillfully woven novel is filled with colorful characters which somehow also achieve three-dimensionality; its stories are sometimes what Harlan calls ‘confabulatory’ but still manage both credibility and poignancy.
- Individual differences in hypnotic ability were associated with erroneous and confabulatory recall in the hypnosis and CI conditions but not in the MRR condition.
- So to enter the example of Korsakoff's psychosis, this is also known as confabulatory amnesia, which has essentially two features: the one is that the patient is unable to lay down any new memories.
Definición de confabulate en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan