Definición de confederacy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural confederacies)
1A league or alliance, especially of confederate states.
- His uncle, who had shaped his career, was the foreign intelligence chief for the confederacy, during the Civil War - a man of traitorous inclinations, shall we say?
- Estrella had never heard any of these words before, and she hadn't the slightest idea of what a federation or a confederacy was.
- Maybe it is a federation or a confederacy with a system of power division?
1.1 (the Confederacy) another term for Confederate States of America.
1.2An alliance of people or groups formed for an illicit purpose.
- The wicked are being bound up in bundles, bound up in trusts, in unions, in confederacies.
- The problem for natural individuals, Hobbes wrote, is that ‘the weakest has strength enough to kill the strongest, either by secret machination, or by confederacy with others.’
- Rapidly evolving technology and the independent decisions of members of the department confederacy assure that enterprise-wide interoperability will not occur soon.