- Unable to reach an agreement between a federal or confederate link between the two parts, the country peacefully split into the independent Czech and Slovak Republics on 1 January 1993.
- With the agreement of President Tudjman, a Croat-Muslim alliance was formed, laying down a federal Bosnia with the Croat entity having confederate status with Croatia itself.
- Therefore, he said that federal or confederate systems can better safeguard the independence and interests of some minor provinces.
- Sherman's prime targets in his famous marches were Confederate war-making resources and morale.
- One of the most effective naval blockades in history was imposed on Confederate ports by the Union Navy during the American Civil War.
- Also, if captured by Confederate troops, a Black soldier would be immediately executed or sold into slavery.
- He had also furnished me capital and was become my confederate, an accomplice in my frauds.
- It follows that awareness that one of D's confederates might commit murder is sufficient to convict D as an accomplice, with a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment.
- Seven children (four boys and three girls) served as confederates.
- He is, for example, an ardent apologist for Robert E. Lee, regarding him and other Confederates as American heroes.
- Still, Confederates struck hard at McPherson's Federals in a fierce day-long battle.
- For their part, the Confederates considered Lincoln's peace terms tantamount to unconditional surrender.
verbo[with object] (usually as adjective confederated)
- He had only ‘asked Sri Lanka to consider a quasi-federal or confederated setup under a constitutional system that accorded full rights to the Tamils’.
- Additionally, since 1808 they had been fighting a guerrilla war with Indian tribes loosely confederated by the great Shawnee chief Tecumseh.
- The loosely confederated empire began to feel beleaguered from East and West, becoming aware of the growing pressure of Teutonism.
Late Middle English: from late (ecclesiastical) Latin confoederatus, from con- 'together' + foederatus (see federate).
Palabras que riman con confederatefederate
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: con·fed·er·ate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.