(British also confidence trick)
A swindle in which the victim is persuaded to trust the swindler in some way.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The victim of the confidence game refuses to believe that he is being relieved of his money and dignity, but an ignominious fate awaits him every time.
- He asserted: ‘The whole arrangement is nothing less than a confidence trick perpetrated by the Government against people.’
- In the absence of a supportive fundamental backdrop, a ‘strong dollar’ policy is in reality nothing but an elaborate confidence trick.
- BritishMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Is there any institution of significance that will be left standing, by the time this confidence trickster is driven from office?
- He began, like any confidence trickster, by posing as ultra-responsible.
- For example, if you were seeking counsel prior to an important decision, you could use the speech he made to the time traveller / confidence trickster (can't remember the episode title).
Definición de confidence game en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional