- This apparently well conducted study also confirms the previously established benefits of antibiotics in reducing the duration of symptoms.
- This time, a female officer wanted to confirm the intruder had left the premises and asked for a description of him.
- Suspected scabies may be confirmed by microscopic identification of the mite or its feces in skin scrapings.
- It's true that nobody has confirmed, on the record, that the proposal is even under discussion.
- You focus on the fact that he neither confirms nor denies an imminent threat.
- So, as John suggests, why won't they simply put the matter to rest by confirming or denying the facts as set out in the memos?
- This of course confirmed her in her opinion, for Grandpa's pride in his own awfulness was his distinguishing trait.
- Viewing the radiographic evidence confirmed him in the idea that he had arrived at.
- I think it likely that this further information confirmed him in his view that he must have it.
- We were told that the mortgage would be paid off within 10 years with a surplus bonus at current interest rates and received a letter confirming this arrangement.
- Passengers who have already made bookings have now been told to confirm their arrangements - or risk losing them.
- Yesterday I rang her to confirm the final arrangements for meeting up at the beginning of next week.
- The sacrament of marriage is in this context at best a matter of romantic deference to tradition, confirming a decision already taken to ‘live together’.
- Secondly, there was no evidence called to indicate that the Board of Directors ever approved, ratified or confirmed any agreement.
- I thank her for confirming my decision and dismiss the matter from my mind.
- If, as we forecast on page one, he is confirmed as unpaid chairman, then the company's boss will at least bring some heavyweight experience to the group.
- My guess is that he expected to be cleared and didn't want to say anything until after he was confirmed as Secretary of State or Defense.
- He said that if he is confirmed as prime minister, he would first try to stymie the violence that has crippled the country's recovery.
- Yet most Catholic parents will make practicing Catholicism mandatory for their children and the Church confirms young adults usually around 14.
- The Western Church confirms its members at various ages (commonly age 12-15 in Canada).
- As a child raised in France, she had been baptized and confirmed in the Catholic Church, but abandoned its dogmas early on.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A confirmative or staging arthroscopy may help matters further when dealing with large joints of the knee and shoulder.
- A Member shall produce any information (and confirmative evidence) which the Trustee reasonably requires for the purposes of the Scheme.
- Episodes that fulfilled the clinical and additional confirmative criteria for pneumonia but in which no microbial etiology was established were classified as probable pneumonia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Samples have been sent to England for a confirmatory diagnosis.
- The 24-year-old Kildare rider has asked that the B sample taken from the horse in Athens be sent for confirmatory analysis.
- Yesterday I woke up to find that I could not connect to the old service, so assumed that, despite not getting a confirmatory email, I had now migrated.
Middle English: from Old French confermer, from Latin confirmare, from con- 'together' + firmare 'strengthen' (from firmus 'firm').
Palabras que riman con confirmaffirm, berm, firm, germ, herm, midterm, perm, sperm, squirm, term, therm, worm
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: con·firm
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.