- 1(Of a person) unable to think clearly; bewildered: she was utterly confused about what had just happened a very confused and unhappy boyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And they are clearly confused about who has the burden of proof.
- Yet, he is not confused about animals and speaks very clearly about the panther, deer and their characteristics.
- People are really confused about the whole thing.
- 1.1Showing bewilderment: a confused expression crossed her faceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She nearly screamed, causing him to set the stick aside and blink at her, a confused expression crossing his face, giving him a boyish appearance.
- A look of surprise crossed Evan's face, forming into a confused expression.
- We like nothing more than seeing the confused expression on tourists' faces when we offer them two national flags, each purporting to represent Scotland.
- 1.2Not in possession of all one’s mental faculties, especially because of old age: interviewing confused old people does take longerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She says that putting elderly stroke patients on wards where there are mentally confused older people is causing them distress.
- I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and her confused mental state.
- The spiritual leader of a billion Catholics is now an ailing and confused old man, who may even be suffering from paranoia and psychosis caused by his Parkinson's disease.
- 1.3Lacking order and thus difficult to understand: the confused information supplied by authorities reports about the incident were rather confusedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His attack the next day, and poor communications and confused orders left the New Zealand Division isolated and 10th Corps surrounded.
- Our relationship was, at times, more than a little difficult and confused.
- Once a fateful decision has been taken, an open mind becomes a luxury because any reappraisal may result in confused orders and demoralization.
- 1.4Lacking clear distinction of elements; jumbled: the sound of a sort of confused hammering and shoutingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Time becomes a confused jumble that Dana somehow traverses.
- As he held her hands, images tumbled into her mind, a confused jumble.
- All my feelings were confused and jumbled up inside of me, and I could not focus on any one thought.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I thought of the necessarily impersonal flurry of activity around the woman's window as she confusedly watched a now very small world go by.
- There was a veritable rash of young white guys, running confusedly around the electorate brandishing postcards.
- He blinked confusedly, stood up, pulled the grass out of his hair, straightened his tie and cleared his throat.