- Compulsory enlistment for state service, typically into the armed forces.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The prime minister pledged again that his government would not implement conscription for overseas service.
- Faced with the insatiable demands of total war, conscription was introduced in 1916.
- Modern warfare required universal short-time conscription, followed by service in a reserve.
early 19th century: via French (conscription was introduced in France in 1798), from late Latin conscriptio(n-) 'levying of troops', from Latin conscribere 'write down together, enroll', from con- 'together' + scribere 'write'.
Más definiciones de conscriptionDefinición de conscription en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional