Definición de conservancy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural conservancies)
1 [in names] A body concerned with the preservation of nature, specific species, or natural resources: the Nature Conservancy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Traditional conservation areas include national parks and wildlife reserves; more recent categories include biosphere reserves and community conservancies.
- Over 1200 land trusts and conservancies in the United States have preserved over 5 million acres, exceeding the area of the State of New Jersey.
- And the conservancy has already offered 90,000 of the most suitable acres to local people and set up a trust in their behalf.
1.1British A commission or group of officials controlling a port, river, or drainage basin.
- The Department of Conservation's Wanganui conservancy has reported to me that it has assisted people affected by the floods with equipment and labour.
- Also, the Annapolis Conservancy Board will monitor the easements each year to ensure that their terms are being observed.
- The Lewis County Water Conservancy Board will also be invited to attend.
2The conservation of something, especially wildlife and the environment.
- Just a few of the benefits to your program are natural beauty, recreational opportunity, environmental education, conservancy, wildlife protection, and resource utilization.
- Several speakers raised concerns about the draft OCP approach to nature conservancy.
- I have supported both preservation of art and architecture and nature conservancy and I'm sure I'm not alone among your readers.
Words that rhyme with conservancyfervency
Definición de conservancy en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan