- Causing or relating to the contraction of a country’s economy: he imposed a contractionary fiscal policy in the form of a tax surcharge the contractionary effects of higher interest ratesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Elsewhere, Sumner points out that the Fed's policy of paying interest on reserves is contractionary.
- Macfarlane sounded an alarm, warning that the global slump would have a "significant contractionary effect" on the Australian economy.
- The report has even argued that the government should enhance capital expenditures "in order to counter-balance the contractionary effects of fiscal consolidation."
Más definiciones de contractionaryDefinición de contractionary en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional