Definición de contredanse en inglés:
sustantivo (plural pronounced igual)
1A French form of country dance, originating in the 18th century and related to the quadrille.
- The contredanse is a French import, with origins in the court of King Louis XIV.
- Again, it never achieved, in Louisiana, the popularity of the danse ronde, no doubt because many of the figures of the contredanse required an even number of couples.
- Both forms of contredanse were performed in France until the Revolution at the end of the eighteenth century.
1.1A piece of music for a contredanse.
- In France, where it was very popular, the contredanse became increasingly formalized during the 18th century, giving rise to contredanse suites by several composers including Mozart, Haydn, and Beethoven.
- Although the menuet was more flexible, the contredanse was firmly rooted in this ‘quadratic syntax.’
- Each contredanse consists of a title page, a page for description of the figures, another for the floor plan, and a fourth page for the music…
Definición de contredanse en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan