- A word with two opposite meanings, e.g., sanction (which can mean both ‘a penalty for disobeying a law’ and ‘official permission or approval for an action’).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Certainly, many of these contronyms are part of idiomatic expressions.
- I'm not sure if this would be a pure contranym because the two phrases don't necessarily oppose each other.
- Using a contronym requires the listener's knowing which of its meanings applies.
Más definiciones de contronymDefinición de contronym en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional