Definición de cops and robbers en inglés:
1A children’s game of hiding and chasing, in which the participants pretend to be police and criminals.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He would listen to me, and the kids started a game of cops and robbers, unbeknownst to us, of course.
- Four kindergartners at Wilson Elementary School in Sayreville, N.J., were suspended for three days for playing a make-believe game of cops and robbers during recess, using their fingers as guns.
- Using whatever farm tools came to hand inventing a boy's game of cops and robbers and knights in sturdy farm armour, the mask was to fight all the natural foes, bush fire, drought, loneliness.
1.1A simplistic polarization of the conflict between criminals and police, seen virtually as a game; a lifestyle centered around this: to him this could be a lark, a bit of cops and robbers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fighting terror was judged, at the top, to be a dangerous form of cops and robbers, not a nuanced, intricate war.
- Yet there she was in that bank, playing cops and robbers.
- Unless, of course, improving sales weakens your hand in demanding ever stricter copyright rules and legitimises your playing cops and robbers.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda