sustantivo (plural cordons sanitaires pronunc. igual)
- 1A guarded line preventing anyone from leaving an area infected by a disease and thus spreading it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Why not destroy the cattle exhibiting the symptoms and produce a cordon sanitaire by vaccinating the sheep, whether they present the symptoms or not?
- The village agreed to establish a cordon sanitaire around it that nobody was to cross for any reason until the disease had burned itself out.
- 1.1A measure designed to prevent communication or the spread of undesirable influences: these rules help to reinforce the cordon sanitaire around the PentagonMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The bottom line: a cordon sanitaire between local law enforcement and immigration authorities that creates a safe haven for illegal criminals.
mid 19th century: French, from cordon 'line, border' (see cordon) + sanitaire 'sanitary'.
Más definiciones de cordon sanitaireDefinición de cordon sanitaire en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional