- Tissue in the stem of a plant that gives rise to cork on its outer surface and a layer of cells containing chlorophyll on its inner surface.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has been widely suggested that phellem, a corky outer layer derived from the cork cambium may function as aerenchyma, but until now no-one had tested that hypothesis.
- Periderm is the other product of secondary growth; it is produced by the cork cambium, a cylindrical layer of cells which develops not far under the outer skin of the plant.
- Bark textures are a result of changes in cork cambium, and the furrows and cracks arise from stretching, as the circumference increases.
Más definiciones de cork cambiumDefinición de cork cambium en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional