A moth whose larvae feed upon and bore into corn.
- Several species in the family Pyralidae, in particular the European corn borer (Ostrinia nubilalis), which was accidentally introduced into North America, and Diatraea (or Zeadiatraea) grandiosella of the southern US
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- European corn borer moths have been active since the second week in May in south central Nebraska, based on catches in black light traps at Aurora and Clay Center, and activity likely has extended northward.
- The emerging corn borer moths are recaptured in black light traps placed at varying distances around the release sites.
- Female corn borer moths have a sophisticated array of sensors to help find suitable sites for depositing eggs.
Definición de corn borer en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional