- 1A small, hard fried or baked cornmeal cake.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Remove the corn dodgers and let cool on a paper towel, spread with a little butter or molasses, and you have a real southern treat
- Also called johnny cake or journey cake, hoe cake, ash cake, bannock, griddle cake and corn dodger, these were the common breads.
- In some parts of the South, these corn sticks are known as corn pone; in other parts, corn dodgers.
- 1.1A boiled cornmeal dumpling.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Corn pone was made in a covered pan or oven, Johnny cake was baked on a board in front of the fire, and corn dodgers made into balls and cooked.
- It would be better, methinks, to have real deep-fried cornydogs to go with the corn dodgers.
- Variations include corn dodgers, dropped into the hot ‘pot liquor’ left over from cooking turnip greens, and hushpuppies, mixed with onion and deep fried.
Más definiciones de corn dodgerDefinición de corn dodger en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional