1A stone that forms the base of a corner of a building, joining two walls.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- These are cornerstones, flint stones, millstones, limestone, and milestones.
- A stone is also symbolic of eternity, like the cornerstone of a building, placed to last for all time.
- Usually, I touch the cornerstones on the buildings, but Aunt Issa had said men would know I am a child from my hands and such a childish move.
1.1An important quality or feature on which a particular thing depends or is based: a national minimum wage remained the cornerstone of policy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yoga will continue to remain an important cornerstone, but I really need to make more time for weight training.
- Despite their adolescence, it is on these countries that the United States depends as a cornerstone of its energy policy.
- Wong's structure will not provide shade but a vision that represents three important cornerstones of our university community: students, businesses and faculty.
foundation, basis, keystone, mainspring, mainstay, linchpin, bedrock, base, backbone, key, centerpiece, core, heart, center, crux
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda