- 1A company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity (legally a person) and recognized as such in law.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The majority of creditors are large corporations and insurance and reinsurance companies.
- The applicant was the largest creditor of the corporation and substantially financed its incorporation.
- Multinational corporations have taken over the economy while being protected by the law.
- 1.1 (also municipal corporation) A group of people elected to govern a city, town, or borough.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Municipal Corporations Act of 1835 had given elected corporations to the large towns.
- Holland was ruled by the Regent corporations of the eighteen cities represented in the Holland States.
- Thirty-three years ago he even won a seat on the city corporation for one term at a time when the Tories were serious contenders for power in George Square.
late Middle English: from late Latin corporatio(n-), from Latin corporare 'combine in one body' (see corporate).