The state of being fat; obesity: her corpulence is the butt of every joke
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The surreal corpulence of the boy is a distraction, and when we watch him steal the only pieces of meat from his uncomprehending blind stepsister's rice bowl we are reminded not of Chaplin but of Fellini.
- It is common for men of the most unwieldy corpulence to crowd themselves into a chair, and demand to be carried for a shilling as far as an airy young lady whom we scarcely feel upon our poles.
- Obesity, especially among children, is to be discouraged, but we mustn't get to a point where corpulence is automatically frowned upon.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It will reduce your corpulency in a safe and agreeable manner, with no bad results - unlike those other cures.
- In person he is below the ordinary standard, somewhat disposed to corpulency, and rather clumsy in his form.
- The powdered seeds have been considered a cure for goitre and efficacious in reducing excessive corpulency.