- 1Of or relating to the ribs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mori has reported the vertebral, costal, and scapular origins as follows.
- The rectus abdominis muscle inserts at the fifth through seventh costal cartilage, and it helps flex the vertebral column and provide support for the torso.
- He had subsequent radical excision of the recurrent nodule, including surrounding abdominal wall, costal cartilages, and ribs.
- 1.1 Anatomy & Zoology Of or relating to a costa.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The neural and costal plates of the dorsal disk form as the outgrowths of these endoskeletal bones.
- In awake dogs, Easton and coworkers observed significant postinspiratory inspiratory activity in the crural diaphragm and external intercostals, but little or no such activity in the parasternal intercostals and costal diaphragm.
- We investigated the in situ properties of the mitochondria of costal diaphragm and external intercostal muscles using the skinned fiber technique in 9 emphysematous and 11 age-matched control patients.
mid 17th century: from French, from modern Latin costalis, from Latin costa 'rib'.
Más definiciones de costalDefinición de costal en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional