Definición de cotillion en inglés:
1An 18th-century French dance based on the contredanse.
- She brushed off his request to dance the second cotillion with him, using the graceful, courteous snubbery he had spent so long teaching her.
- They danced the first cotillion mechanically.
- The group continued to talk until Tony led Christina out onto the floor to dance a cotillion.
2US A formal ball, especially one at which debutantes are presented.
- The Knights' social functions - formal dinners, balls, and cotillions - also reflected members' aspirations toward middle-class refinement.
- The old Society page, with its news of old-family weddings, cotillions, and charity balls, began everywhere to be replaced in newspapers by the Style page, a very different thing.
- I've never been much for balls and cotillions though I have to attend them endlessly.
Definición de cotillion en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan