An attack made in response to one by an enemy or opponent.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The lead suited the hosts style of play and they proceeded to absorb their opponents pressure before launching rapid counter-attacks of their own.
- But fortunes took a sudden twist when Customs reverted to an aggressive counter-attack launched from the left-flank.
- Media Houses failure to convert some easy scoring chances in that half made it more difficult for the team to regroup in their attempts to launch a counter-attack.
Attack in response: as deputies tried to dislodge him, he counterattacked by forcing through elections
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They stopped the attacks dead, occasionally counter-attacking to keep the game of interest.
- However, the local boys are made of strong stuff and repelled many attacks and counter-attacked at times with great skill and discipline.
- The candidates have also attacked and counter-attacked in public with unrivaled speed, to say nothing of a loose affinity for the truth.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘There had been attacking full backs of course,’ Scotland says, ‘but they were largely counter-attackers.’
- Throw in the strike force of Adrian Ilie and Claudio Lopez, perhaps the continent's finest natural counter-attackers, and you've got a side which, on its day, can send any opponent home in tears.
- Against quick counter-attackers like Landon Donovan and DaMarcus Beazley they had no chance.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: coun·ter·at·tack
Definición de counterattack en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda