- Jenn, there is no way you would be able to tell me that this wasn't a counterfeit bill.
- UK computer retailers are warned today of a sophisticated new scam involving counterfeit cheques.
- ‘Most companies are fully willing to help identify counterfeiters, counterfeit goods and to provide testimony in court,’ Harris said.
- The counterfeit nature of Modernism's dream of freedom is written into the dream's realization.
- These are the 22-minute sitcom's ‘serious’ interludes, usually signified by fifteen seconds unbroken by a counterfeit laugh.
- Leave it to Hollywood to trim the truth for the sake of counterfeit sentiment and narrative noodling.
- Most holiday-makers today know that coins, antiques and other objects of fine arts offered on the streets or found in markets are counterfeits or nice imitations.
- First, McConnell openly criticised the Chancellor's decision to force whisky producers to introduce security seals as protection against counterfeits and smuggling.
- The public should feel proud of refusing counterfeits and buying copyrighted products.
- The idea is to prevent large-scale piracy operations from thieves who counterfeit Symantec programs and offer them to customers on the Web.
- It has successfully prosecuted all kinds of card fraudsters but has particularly focused on the scams carried out by counterfeiting gangs who often run sophisticated factory-style operations.
- Would a nationally-issued identity document solve the problem of identity-related fraud, or would this be just another document that could be counterfeited and abused by fraudsters?
- You guys do the best at counterfeiting friendship.
- Abigail, the daughter of Barabas, having counterfeited a religious vocation in order to help her father recover his money, eventually becomes a nun.
- It is the taint of Eton that makes him ineligible to lead the Tory Party, in the view of some who believe that counterfeiting Blairism is the road to power.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- People's unfamiliarity with the new money is likely to attract counterfeiters and fraudsters.
- The law was drawn up to target professional pirates, criminals and counterfeiters who make copies of goods such as football shirts or CDs.
- Inadequate penalties will not deter pirates and counterfeiters - they will only ensure that such piracy will become more serious.
Middle English (as a verb): from Anglo-Norman French countrefeter, from Old French contrefait, past participle of contrefaire, from Latin contra- 'in opposition' + facere 'make'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: coun·ter·feit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.